#fancer

#fancer

Saturday, July 18, 2015

I Am Loved

This is what I found in my driveway when I came home from the hospital.  Thank you to the wonderful friends who left it.



Metasteses in the brain is very scary, right?  That is what we thought too.  Not that word isn't serious, but it is not brain cancer.  My cancer did not originate in the brain.  This is still breast cancer.  That information helped use breathe a little better.  I have multiple lesions.  I have not asked how many nor have I looked at my scans.  I do not know how many I have.  I do know there are more than 5.  I have been in tune with such things, and when they first told me, I immediately picture 15 to 20.  But it doesn't matter.  My radiologist, Dr. Mark McGlaughlin, pointed out very pointedly that they were all small.  More breathing.

I am on anti-inflammatories and will be for awhile.  I start radiation on Monday.  15 days minus weekends.  I cannot drive.  I am not on anti-seziure medicine, but that could change.  My mind is not working right.  I have typed several of these words more than once.  I am not walking particularly well all the time.  My vision gets spotty a lot.  And when the headaches come, they are bad.

But, I am doing pretty well considering.  There are still a lot of tears, but we are slowly coming out of the fog.  Plans are being made and we will let everyone know how they can help when we figure it out.

Thank you for reminding me that I am loved.

5 comments:

  1. How very sweet... You are definitely loved and prayed for...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Dawn! Keep fighting! We are here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, sweet friend. You are so incredibly strong and I know you've got a lot of fight and gumption!! (one of my mom's favorite words) You also have an amazing husband who adores you and has your back. Love you to pieces!! Lisa Sager Allen

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so loved - we love you, and are right there with you!! #fancer
    Xoxo,
    Katie Hayden

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true, Dear One. You are in our hearts, Dawn. Patricia

    ReplyDelete