#fancer

#fancer

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Tijuana - Day 20

Jesus, our driver, came in my room to tell me we will be leaving for the airport on Monday at 7:30AM.  He reminded me I had to have my Rigvir in my check-in bag and my prescriptions on my person in case I am asked by security to see them.  I cannot believe I leave in two days.  I cannot wait to see my boys.  My flight lands at 7:45PM.  And then we wake up on Tuesday and life goes on.

Life goes on with lots of laughing and love and not worrying and living.  It has been a LONG four years.  I am ready.

Blogging while glowing from the light pads on my chest, liver and back.
Scrambled eggs, avocado, sprouts, fruit for breakfast.  After I finished, I asked for a second.  And then, all of a sudden, I was very nauseous.  One of the side effects of the Rigvir is flu-like symptoms.  Not sure if that was the cause because two other people at the table started feeling sick also.  I couldn't eat my second helping.  Went and got in the bed.  After about 45 minutes, felt significantly better.  Went and got my second shot of Rigvir and went on with my day of treatments.

I went for a run along the boardwalk and got some good Vitamin D.  I felt good.  A couple times I thought I couldn't make it up a hill, but I did.  Ran nice and slow and it was only in the low 80s so that helped.  Did my push-ups, sit-ups, shoulder raises, and some biceps.  I have lost a lot of muscle mass from the steroids.  Have stayed the same in weight, but have leaned out even more.  On Tuesday, I will start weaning myself off the Dex and won't have to take that again.


Tomorrow will be a lot of lasts.  Last treatments, last meals, last visit with new friends, last time in my room, etc.  It will be bittersweet.  But I will be back in January.

I will try to post tomorrow night on my Sunday, but can't promise anything.

Thank you for coming with me on this part of my journey.  I can't wait to see everyone and give big hugs.  We did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment