#fancer

#fancer

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Tijuana - Day 21

Today is Sunday.  My last day.  I have received my box of Rigvir.  I cannot close my suitcase.  I am either going to smoosh it in there tomorrow morning or switch everything around and put it in my cloth bag I bought here.  Don't want to do that though.  Don't trust a cloth bag that would possibly pop open and have the Rigvir get lost.  That would stink!  Maybe some packing tape around the suitcase just in case.  Could use some new luggage anyway...

I decided to go for one last run today.  The weather was perfect.  76 degrees.  Went the same way I did yesterday where I ended up on the boardwalk most of the way.  About 1/4 of a mile in, my toe catches one of the board and I go flying like Superman - left arm out.  It hurt.  A LOT!  Two families stopped to help.  One gentleman offered his hand and helped me up.  In broken English, he said something about the boards.  They asked if I was okay and I said yes.  And I kept running, but ran back to Hope4Cancer to get doctored up.  It hurt like the dickens.  We put whatever it is they clean my PIC line with, some ointment, and a bandage and off I went.

After my run and a quick trip to Walmart for balloons and sharpies (139 pesos), a bunch of us decided to write on balloons and release them.  I wrote things I was looking forward to and things I was ready to let go and leave here.  We then took turns letting them go from the boardwalk.  It was pretty cathartic.

Had my last dinner: stuffed zucchini with quinoa, peppers, onions, garlic, and sauce.  Potatoes and a small salad.  Had a second one sent to my room.  I said you should get cookies on your last night.  No such luck.

Just had my pic line taken out.  Took about five minutes.  I am officially free!

I can't get pictures to load. Will send when I get home.  That's tomorrow if you didn't know!

I have packed up as much as I can.  Changed my bandaid and put Collodial Silver on the gash.  Brushed my teeth.  It is 8:00PM and I think I am ready to get into bed.  I am setting my alarm for 5:00AM and won't get home until 8:00PM.  It is going to be a long night.

Good night, Everyone.  Sleep tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment