#fancer

#fancer

Sunday, March 5, 2017

March 2017 Update

(written by Katherine for Dawn)

Hi everyone. The last five months have been rough but I am slowly getting out of bed more and starting to feel better. I am realizing this may be my new normal, so I am trying to adapt as best as I can. Not being able to see kind of sucks to tell you the truth, in case you couldn't guess. Vision is still about 20%.

I am trying to look for ways to learn and practice Braille. We have looked on Amazon but haven't found much. If anyone knows any tips, tricks or resources, let us know. If anyone has any books on tape that sound interesting (really anything, teenage, classics, etc), i'd love to borrow them. You can drop off in the mailbox if it's convenient. Please put some tape with your name on them so we can return them!

I am still continuing the Kadcyla every third week. My body is tolerating it well but there are 5-7 days where it hits me a little harder. MRI coming soon, will let you know.

Thank you VERY MUCH for all of the food that is still coming in and the variety has been so nice. We can't thank everyone enough for taking the time to help with the meals and for continuing to love on my sweet boys.

Please remember it's very hard for me return emails, texts, posts etc. I try to have people read them to me but it's kind of sporadic. I will try to have Jason or my mom read them to me more. If there is something urgent, please reach out to Jason.

I am playing with my new Alexa (which i keep calling Aurora and Alexis- darn brain mets), so let me know if you have any fun skills or tricks to use with it. I have played 20 questions, listened to the Tonight Show monologue, read a book on Audible, etc.

I will try to update sooner. Love you all.

p.s. I am always up for visitors, would love to see you all, you can text Jason to make sure I'm up and at 'em.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the update! You can set up a "flash briefing" for Alexa on the app with different news sources and such. My is set up for MSNBC news highlights, a Discovery News article, highlights from TMZ and the weather. Is a great way to hit the highlights of the day's news in a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete