#fancer

#fancer

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Salpingo-Oophorectomy

I am heading to the Marietta Surgical Center at 7:30 for a salpingo-oophorectomy.  Big fancy word for the removal of my ovaries and tubes.  These two organs release estrogen into my body, which fuels my cancer, so out they will come.  Does this solve the problem?  Not totally.  Other parts will still release estrogen, but a lot less than the ovaries and tubes.

I am not too worried about it, but another surgery, and being put under, is causing some anxiety.

I should be home no later than 1:00.  Then it is off to bed for me.  I am to get out to eat and read to the boys, but that is it.  I cannot lift them for at least a week.  (That is going to be tough.) But she does want me to start walking by Thursday.  A little at a time.  She believes by Monday I should be be pretty normal, but still no lifting.

And then I will be in menopause.  Ugh.  I am going to try to be very positive and have fun with what is coming down the road for me.

Please pray for me, the nurses, the anesthesiologist, my doctor (Wendy Giles), and Jason.  And please pray that my sweet Charlie (who Jason jokes would be happiest in my mouth because he is always saying "hold you") understands why mommy can't hold him.

Jason is not on Facebook much so will try to update you as soon as I can.

Thank you for the prayers and good vibes.

No comments:

Post a Comment