#fancer

#fancer

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Surgery, Teeth, and Running

Today is the first day that I can cough and it doesn't kill me.  My recovery was good, but more painful than I thought.  The first few days, it was pretty bad.  It was hard not to get hit in the stomach by my boys.  The good thing that came out of this was, because I couldn't pick up Charlie, he is more independent now.  I guess I was babying my baby.  Imagine that!

Today I got my old, sliver fillings out.  I only had 3 small ones so it wasn't that bad.  Why did I do this?  In my research (which hasn't been that much), I found out that the old, silver fillings, called amalgam fillings, contain mercury.  One doctor I found (can't remember his name) believes that 95% of cancer patients have cancer because of their fillings.  As with anything, I could cite 5 articles saying it is a sham and 5 that back it up.  I always go by my gut.  And honestly, I have always wanted to do this anyway.

I asked my dentist and he didn't bat and eye and made the appointment to get it done.  He did say today that he has done this often and not for patients who are as aware of environmental toxins as I am.  That made me feel good.  Let's do it!

He numbed my cheek.  Then he put on a rubber damn.  It was pretty sexy, I am sure.  It kept any of the old filling from getting in my mouth.  He drilled out the old one and put in the new, white filling.

I was pretty numb for awhile.  My dentist said to drink some milkshakes until the numbing goes away so I don't bite my tongue.  He is funny, huh?  How I wish I could have had a milkshake.  I had a protein shake instead.

My birthday was on Sunday.  It was a good day.  I appreciate my birthday so much more now.  Another year alive.  Another year of memories.  Another year that my boys have grown.  Another year of getting stronger.

I ran 3 miles today.  The runs since my diagnosis in November have been tough.  Today?  Much easier and more enjoyable.  After surgery and dental work.  Take that!  #Fancer

No comments:

Post a Comment