#fancer

#fancer

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Sister Dulce

I asked in my last post if anyone had anything, ANYTHING, that they thought we might try or stop.  That one thing we were missing to get rid of this, no evidence of disease, complete healing.  I had one response:  Go see Sister Dulce.  We researched.  Jason researched.  We talked to someone who had gone to see her.  Jason sent an email and the next day we received confirmation that they have received it and would be contacting us soon.  Fast forward and we have an appointment five days later (there was a cancellation) in Baton Rouge!

We figured out who was watching the boys, made plans, and headed out Wednesday at 3:15.  Road trips without children are so different. We actually talked and laughed. It was nice.  By the end of the drive, we were signing at the tops of our lungs to 70s music.


As the sun set, we saw this beautiful reminder that God is here and He is control and everything is going to be okay.


Because of traffic, we rolled into our hotel around midnight.  Literally hung up our clothes, changed, and crashed into bed.

Front desk called with a wake-up call at 8:00.  I brought all my stuff so made butternut squash and eggs.  Jason went downstairs for the free continental breakfast and coffee.  Showers were taken.  Bags backed and we were out the door at 9:15.  We were less than 10 miles from Sister Dulce's and ran into major construction.  Thought we were going to be late.  Sister sees people every 15 minutes.  And she is packed the whole day.  I was almost in tears thinking we were going to miss our slot.  We made it with 10 minutes to spare!  We were told to get something from the gift shop so Sister can bless it.  I found this beautiful bracelet.  Goes well with all my others.


I filled out some paperwork and then we were called in.  We were the first appointment.  Sister Dulce is in a wheelchair and has the warmest smile on her face.  She asked what drugs I was on - Tykerb and Xeloda.  She explains how they work - one goes in and breaks the protein shell that the tumors have around them and then the other one comes in and gets the tumor.  She then laid her hands on me and explain how she can "feel" the caner.  She said her hand get a hot/burning sensation in her hands. She said she felt it very hot in my head, but feels it is because the cells are dying and struggling.  Then she prayer over me.  Don't remember verbatum, but, "Papa, heal this child, put it in my hand so I can take it way, and give it to you."  She then asked me if I had children.  This is where I really cried.  She then prayed again, "Papa, she needs to be healed.  Those boys need their momma."  She gave me a pillow with a bible verse on it, blessed it, and said to sleep with it where there is pain.  Then she blessed my bracelet.  AND gave me her cell number.  What?!?  She said to call her when I am scared or in pain and we would pray together.  Humbled.

Hugs were given and we were out the door.  Very emotional.  We went into the sanctuary

http://cypressspringsprayercenter.org

We left and went to the sanctuary and just sat there in silence.  I think I cried some more.  I went to go light a candle, but the votives were empty.  I knelt and prayed.  Filled out a prayer card - "Prayer for peace for the Ford Family.  Healing for Dawn."



We didn't want to leave.  We were both so moved by what just happened.  But we had a long drive ahead of us.  We said a prayer of praise and thanks and headed to our car.


Another nice drive home.  This time we listened to comedians that we played through our radio through Youtube.  Love technology.  Made it home a lot quicker this time.  Rolled back into Marietta at 8.  This greeted us a mile from the house. More reminders.


I am writing this after most of you know that that lesions have double, but I feel calm.  Calm and ready come back swinging. And I will keep swimming...




No comments:

Post a Comment