#fancer

#fancer

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Proving My Point

Two days after my last post, Cleaning House, my sister sent me an email with the title, "Shit, how did we miss that?"  The toothpaste, Xyliwhite, that I have been using and recommended to you, has carrageenan in it!  What?!?  How did we miss that?  After talking for a few minutes, we realized we found the toothpaste before we discovered the lovely connection with carrageenan and cancer.

Because of the amount of research we are doing, when we find a product that we feel is free of cancerous ingredients, we accept it and move on.  And this exact things proves my point of my previous post - living healthy is hard!  There really is not ONE place to find all this information.  And information you can trust.  Shoot, you can't trust my blog.  YET!!  We are working on it.

If you bought some off of Amazon and haven't opened it, you can return it.  They make returns pain free and easy to do.  Sorry.

I am still using the one I have until we find a substitute.  I am not ingesting huge amounts so feel okay using for now.  We almost think we should just make our own toothpaste.  It is proving to be hard to find a safe toothpaste.

That same day I was at Kroger.  The boys needed toothpaste.  I looked at the ingredients.  All but 1 had carrageenan.  Ughh.  And my boys aren't that great at brushing their teeth yet so they ARE eating it.  Double Ughh.  The one that didn't have it was Colgate for ages 0 go 2.  Yes, my boys are older, but the one for 2 and older contain two ingredients that are not good - carrageenan and fluoride.  Pretty sure it is just marketing and the 0 to 2 is great for them.  So we will be using the one for ages 0 to 2.

I also wanted to mention two other products I am using.  (Although I was hesitant in doing so, but this is how we are going to learn.  Please let me know if you have any information on any of the products I am suggesting!)  We have been using www.honestcompany.com for about 2 years.  Do you know that Johnson & Johnson uses formaldehyde in their products?  That is not a typo.  Formaldehyde.  I researched this myself when someone posted it on Facebook.  And it didn't take long to confirm it.  Johnson & Johnson has taken that ingredient out of their products in England.  They know it is bad and took it out, but leaves it in our products because America doesn't make a stink about it like they do over there.  We are too PC and worried about causing a ripple.  Please, please throw away (don't recycle that nasty stuff) all our Johnson & Johnson products.  If you haven't opened them yet, take them back and tell then why you are returning them.  The young girl at the customer service desk looked at me like I was crazy, but I felt good telling her.  Honest Company products are awesome and not expensive.  I get the bubble wash, kids' shampoo, foaming hand soap, and scented spray.  Do the Bundle & Save!

The other product we have been using is Dr. Bronner's.  Some of their products are on Amazon.  I have been getting mine from Kroger.  They are usually a little more at Kroger, but I wait for sales and stock up.  I think I have seen them at Target also.  There is also great reading material on the bottle for all that extra time you spend just lounging in the shower or bath.

Several of you have asked about my pots and pans.  I LOVE them.  They clean up with a wet paper towel, nothing burns in them, and they look nice!  I highly recommend getting them.  My food tastes better to me knowing I haven't added metal while cooking it.

Thank you for following my journey with me.  Together we will figure this out.


Trampoline at Serenbe.  It was in the ground.  I think I need one.

No comments:

Post a Comment