#fancer

#fancer

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Insomnia


One of the lovely side effects of the steroids I am on is insomnia.  I was frustrated at first as I know I need to sleep and heal.  But quickly realized that is counteractive to stress about it and creating more unease inside so I quickly stopped that!  I wait for an hour, and if I don't fall back to sleep, I read or get up and actually get things done.  One of the things that popped in my head tonight are the products that I use daily that I need to research to see if there are other places where I can get them for less.

I have joked that it is not easy being me.  Between all the time I spend cooking and doing dishes, the things that I am putting in my body that are not always good tasting, making 3 wheatgrass shots a day (takes about 10 minutes three times a day), detox baths, dry brushing, meditating, resting, etc, etc, etc, I don't have the time to go to different stores or get online to look.  I was hoping you could keep your eyes open for these products and let me know if you find them elsewhere less than what I am paying.

Product
What I Am Paying
Pink Himalayan Salt (1 cup a day)
$23 for 10 lbs 
Protein Powder (1 to 2 scoops a day)
$20 for one package
Beeswax Tea lights 
(1 a day)
$24 for 24 
Lentil Pasta
$9.99 for 12 oz
quinoa (at least 5 cups a day)
$27 for 4 lbs
Epsom Salt
(1 cup a day)
Found a big bag at Kroger, but cannot remember how much....
Sacred Frankincense Essential Oil (3 drops under tongue in am and pm) But only the pure EOs!
$99 - I don’t think it will be found cheaper, but sometimes there are sales or buy one get one half


Himalayan Salt




Lentil Pasta


Protein Powder
Cannot eat the chocolate, of course...

Quinoa
Yumminess
This is a treat I found that I can eat.  It is delicious.  I found it at TJ Maxx.  I cleaned them out - all 3 of them.  I found one at Kroger and they haven't restocked.  I am looking for this exact one.  NO SUGAR ADDED.  The only ingredients are coconut and sea salt.  Why must they ruin a good thing by adding coconut sugar?? I am not looking for this less expensive, I am just looking for them!! I went on their website, and maybe I missed it, but I couldn't find this exact one. If you find some, clean them out and I will happily pay you back as I am stuffing this in my face.

2 comments:

  1. Dawn - what's the Latin name of the frankincense you're using? There are many varieties. I have ordered from many reputable EO companies and will look up specific prices if you can post the Latin name.
    Please please be careful with undiluted ingestion. You may want to consider putting oils in capsules with a carrier oil. The oils are hard on the liver. This is why most people encourage dilution using through absorption through the skin. And possibly work with a certified aromatherapist to find other oils that might be helpful for you. ~kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the same salt? It is $19.99 for 10 lbs, so just a small saving, but that adds up. It is the only one on Amazon I found for less than $23/10lbs. http://www.amazon.com/Indusclassic%C2%AE-Natural-Unprocessed-Himalayan-Cooking/dp/B00LYD9KOO/ref=sr_1_2?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1439729207&sr=1-2&keywords=10+lbs+pink+himalayan+salt

    ReplyDelete