#fancer

#fancer

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Can't Make This Up

Except for football season, Jason and I try to do Date Night at least once a month.  Last night we played tennis with friends and were heading to our second part of the date which was walking around the square.  We were in the Jeep and we realized we needed gas.  A quick detour to QT and then we would be on our way.

I was waiting in the jeep while Jason pumped when I heard this shrill, "Watch out, oh god, watch out!!"  And we were hit.  I jumped out of the Jeep and almost passed out.  Before I could get to the back, I heard Jason say he was okay.  But he was in between a huge Expedition and the Jeep.  He is okay, but pretty bruised up.

The Expedition was parked that the door of QT.  Her hood was up as there was something wrong with it.  One of her kids hit/moved/kicked it into neutral.  That big, heavy vehicle rolled down the slight hill and hit Jason.  Thankfully, the majority of the Expedition hit the gas pumped and our spare tire on the back of the Jeep.  Thank goodness for that spare tire.

We thought his arm was broken.  It got caught somewhere, somehow and was swollen.  911 was called.  Firetrucks and ambulance show up.  QT shuts off all the machines.  They strongly advise Jason to go the hospital, but agrees I can drive him.

I wish I had gotten better pictures, but here are the two I took:


We drive home to get warmer clothes, insurance card, and some food for Jason.  We decide that I should go to the hospital considering I am on chemo and my immune could be compromised.  Our good friend, PS, didn't even hesitate when I called him.  "I'll be there in 10 minutes."  Because Jason has an artificial heart valve and is on Coumadin, he usually gets a straight pass back.  Which he did.  I think they were done with X-Rays and exam in an hour and a half.  No broken bones, but pretty bruised up.  He is pretty sore today and trying to let me take care of him.

I just kept thinking how crazy this was and how you cannot even try to make it up.  We were minutes away from being done pumping gas and would've missed it.  But we were also inches away from it being a lot more serious.  Everything for a reason, but we probably won't know why.

What we learned.....we sure handle this stuff well.  My mind worked ahead to think of getting someone to go with him.  We thought ahead to run home for insurance cards.  And we were able to laugh about the absurdity of our evening.  Still shaking my head....

I am not sure how he is going to top our next date night.  At this point, I will take a nice romantic walk at a park.   Hint, hint, Jason.


No comments:

Post a Comment