#fancer

#fancer

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

I Am Not Making This Up

Yesterday I went to Kroger.  Put all my groceries in the back.  Got up front.  Turned on my car.  Looked to the right of me and a sweet, older lady looked at me and backed up.  And then my car was hit and it was moved from the force of her cutting her wheel too quick.

I am not making this up.

I hop out of the car.  I honestly don't think she was going to stop.  She was a typical older woman.  White hair covered with one of those clear, thick plastic rain hat things on.  This was our conversation.

"You hit me."
Very defiantely, "No, I didn't!"
"You moved my whole car."
"It was someone else!"
"Ma'am, you just hit me while I was in my car."
"It was someone else."

I walked to the front of her car and part of my car is hanging off of hers.

"My car is hanging off your bumper."
"It wasn't me.  Someone else hit you!!!"

It was very surreal.  Here is this sweet looking lady being so defiant, I didn't even know how to handle it.  What do you say or do at this point?  I started thinking what kind of life she is living to react that way.  And just want to give her a hug.

She starts walking back to her car and I said I am going to take a picture of her license and call the police.  She just looked at me.

Then she gets in her car, and I am not going to lie, I think she would have hit me as she zoomed off if I had not moved.

I am not making this up.

It is about 12:40 and I have to pick up the boys.  I head home to drop off groceries, tell Jason as he is home resting, go pick put the boys, Jason called the police, and I come home.

According to the police, I have to go back to Kroger and then call them from there to get a police report.  That sounds crazy to everyone else, right?

So I did.  And now we wait.  And I hope that lady is okay.  In hindsight, her behavior may indicate that she shouldn't have been driving at all.

I hope you are shaking your head and laughing right now.  That was my intent in sending this out.  It is raining, dreary, but life is pretty funny!

I am not making that up either.


2 comments:

  1. Dawn, she sounds like a terrible person. like shes been manipulating people her whole life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, she sounds like a terrible person. like shes been manipulating people her whole life

    ReplyDelete