#fancer

#fancer

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

More Updates

Here are some quick updates:

-Apparently we were confused.  The surgeon who removed my tumor said we should hear something by Thursday.  So when my oncologist set up an appointment for tomorrow at 10, we just assumed it was to go over the test results.  Well, that is not the case.  She had us make the appointment because she wants to give me 2 shots.  She wants to give me medication before we have results????  I don't like that.  I have decided to tell her no to the shots until we have all our information.

-We spoke with a new oncologist today at Piedmont.  We left there feeling more informed.  We also found out that they have a Wellness Center.  It has been there for 9 years.  It is free to anyone receiving chemo and up to 18 months out (I think I heard that right).  It provides yoga, meditation classes, journaling classes, seat massages, couples support groups, chefs (who are cancer survivors) who teach classes on what to eat and how to prepare it, and various other services.  For free.  Why am I just hearing about this?

-We got some answers.  Again, I am not a medical person and am still in a daze.  But this new oncologist (who had a fellowship at MD Anderson), Dr. Miniberg, did clarify that the spots were small.  Still cancer, but that calmed me a little.  He also suggested we don't do the shots until we know more.  He said that MD Anderson has trials all the time and we could eliminate ourselves from one or all if we have those particular drugs in me.

-We are heading to MD Anderson on Friday.  We will go for the day and fly back home Friday night. We will be meeting with an oncologist there and trying to find more avenues to explore.  We are nervous and excited at the same time.  Our hope is that once we get all this information, we can sit down and come up with a plan.

I am going to go do my sewer drink now.  Help me picture little Fraggle Rock men blasting this cancer away.

No comments:

Post a Comment