#fancer

#fancer

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Second Round

I am guessing that everyone was praying that this round would be much easier for me because it has been.  No back pain.  No time spent in the bathroom.  I have been queasy here and there, but not what I would call nauseous.  I will take it!

I lost 17 pounds in 3 weeks.  Partly from stress and partly from my new diet.  After sharing how much I loved my egg sandwiches, those were taken away from me.  It is kind of a joke now.  We find something that I really enjoy eating and, after some more research, we decide I shouldn't be eating it. I am just going to keep my mouth shut when I find something I actually like.

I went to Dr. Li Liu.  www.acuwellnessatlanta.co  After doing a nutritional response test, she said I needed to stay away from eggs, gluten, corn, and fruit.  My sister remembers her saying I was allergic to those things.  I remember her just saying I needed to stay away from them.  Either way, that is why my eggs were taken away.  I was eating ezekiel bread, but that is gone too.  I am now eating spelt bread.  That actually tastes better to me.  (Don't tell Lisa!)

There was also a test that shows the true age of my inside body.  Not so much physically.  Stress and worry will age your insides.  Well, being as competitive as I was (and healthy in my mind), I thought for sure I was going to do well.  My age?  70!!!  WTH.  I asked if that was just because of my recent diagnosis or that is how I have always been.  She said she can only say what she sees right now and doesn't know why the results are what they are at this time.  Lisa is laughing and I am mad which makes her laugh even more.  We did acupuncture and Lisa left me to relax saying, "Don't fall off the table, old woman.  You might not be able to get back up."  I am so lucky I am so loved...

My friend, Bev, introduced us to Frances.  She makes raw food out of her house.  We have been getting food from her for the last week.  It has been so nice because, as you can imagine, making all fresh food takes time.  It has been so nice to go to the fridge and grab an all green salad that is already made.  And they are very yummy.  She also makes green smoothies.  They are not as tasty, but Jack helps me drink them by counting off for me and I take big gulps.  Hopefully they will taste better soon.

I have been journaling more and am surprised that I look forward to it.  I have tried to journal multiple times throughout my life.  I have thrown away many journals with 2 or 3 entries in them. I can now add journaler to my list of titles.  I need to add yoga into my arsenal and meditating.  The flowers (Thank you!) smell wonderful and I have been burning a beeswax candle (thank you, Julie).  We are getting there!

Thank you for your continued support, prayers, and sweet messages.  I am reading a book about positive thinking and visualizing.  I would love continued visualization of Fraggle Rock men blasting the cancer OUT of my body from you.  I do think there is something to that.  We need to have a showing of Fraggle Rock soon.

Chemo again in two days.  Positive thinking - another great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment