#fancer

#fancer

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Tijuana - Day 12

Ready for a praise?  My vision has cleared!!!  For the past six months, I have had what felt like a film over my eyes.  More on my left eye.  I was constantly wiping away something that wasn't there.  It made things blurry and I always felt like I was on the verge of falling asleep.  It cleared about two days ago, but wanted to make sure before I shared.  Woot-woot.

I did not take any medicine today.  They were going to give me oral medicine instead of what they were putting in my IV and I asked if I could wait to see if I needed it today.  I didn't.  Woot-woot.

Finally made it outside to run. It was about 75 degrees out and it felt wonderful to be out in the ocean air.  There were people all around, bands playing music, dogs, and the sun was shining.  The scenery is VERY diverse here.  Most of the buildings look pretty run down from the outside, but as I was running, I could in some of the windows.  Business and residences.  I am guessing some of them are nice inside.  Very nice cars next to beat-up cars.  Very interesting place.
What I found at one end of the road.

What I found at the other end of the road.

I did UVBI today.  Very cool.  They took out 60 ccs of blood that is passed through tubing where it is exposed to ultraviolet (UV Ultraviolet "C" Light) light briefly.  Then it is directly returned to me.  This drips for two hours. Most patients complain about sitting in a chair for two hours, but the process was so interesting to me.  Plus the benefits are what I am after:

Improved micro circulation and oxygenation of tissues. 
Anti-inflammatory effects
Stimulation of the immune system 
Increased tolerance of the body towards radiation or chemotherapy.
Cardiovascular protection through increased metabolism of cholesterol, uric acid, and glucose
Resolution of vascular spasms
Powerful anti-infection properties

My blood ready to come back to me.

Blood coming to me through the UV.

I almost asked for the part that is "twirling" the blood.  So cool.

I have a very short video of it going through this, but can't seem to get it to load.  I will try to remember to post when I get home.

As you know, when chemo is administered, the patient gets to sit in a chair and occupy themselves from an hour up to eight or more.  Most people tried to stay positive and have fun with it, but it just was sad to look around and see everyone in those chairs.  Here at Hope4Cancer, you can walk around with your pole.  (I have named mine Pete the Pole.) You can eat.  You can do certain treatments.  I have done exercises while hooked up.  Today I watched a little TV and then took a nap in a cozy, warm bed.  Not in a chair where you can't get comfortable.  I felt better when I woke up instead of worse like I did after chemo.  This is the way patients should be treated.


Give someone a hug today that you normally wouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment