#fancer

#fancer

Monday, September 26, 2016

Tijuana - Day 14

Woke up to thoughts of my boys.  I miss them.  Pictures and texts are being sent so I know they are having a blast.  I talked to them and they seem very happy.  I know that all three of my boys are making new traditions and having a blast.  I am not even worried about what they are eating or how the house looks.  Because none of that matters.  Everyone is content and having fun.  Nothing can beat that.

We had a Girls' Night last night.  Played Chinese Checkers and Scrabble.  It was nice to sit around and laugh and forget about everything except kicking some game board butt.  We had six ladies and we stayed up until 10:00PM.  Late for most of us.  The treatments and Go-Go days exhaust most of us and are asleep by 8 or 9.  I slept from 10:30 until 5:30.  Yes, my longest span yet.


On Sundays, all patients receive Helio X in their IVs.  I probably have the name wrong, but was told it puts an extra oxygen molecule in the water.  I will try to get more information on that.  The more oxygen in my body, the faster the cells die.  "Thanks for coming cells, but your time here is over."  

I can't believe I will be home in eight days.  Or that I have been here for 14 days.  It has gone fast and I am excited and nervous about coming home.  Be warned.....I will be in Marietta soon.

2 comments:

  1. Dawn, loving and dreaming of you and praying for you. I feel this opportunity is a rebirth for you. Leave everything behind. I will be on your street cheering you home!
    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie has been great! I did ask him if he "skyped" with mom, but he didn't seem to understand, so I gathered you didn't do that. I know they've missed you, but have both seem to handle this separation very well. No worries. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete