#fancer

#fancer

Monday, September 12, 2016

Tijuana

Our alarm went off at 6:00.  We left the house at 6:40.  Got to the airport at 7:30.  We somehow thought our flight was at 8:45.  It was 8:15.  I was checking a bag so I went ahead of Jason, but thought we still had a lot of time.  Jason gets on the plane and texts me to hurry.  When I got to the gate, the plane was already detached from the ramp.  I start crying and stressing.  Long story short, they opened the plane back up for me.  After I was "yelled" at by the check-in attendant that I was inconveniencing over 200 people.  I get it.  I am sorry.

Just tells me that I was meant to come here.  TODAY.

The driver picks us up, we drive 20 minutes to the border.  We buy visas and our passports are stamped.  We drive ten more minutes to the facility.

We get a tour of the facility.  Everyone is so nice and smiling.  Especially the patients.

Check into room.  Twin beds. LOL

Ate a delicious lunch:  spinach/lentil soup, salad, a huge Portabella mushroom, rice and veggies, Brussel sprouts, hummus, and Kangen water.

Unpacked our bags and rested a little.

Met my doctor, went over medical history, and had a physical exam.

Jason and I walked down to Walmart.

Ate another delicious meal:  potato salad, zucchini pasta, and spinach salad with blueberries.

Tijuana is 3 hours behind.  It is 7:00 right now, but 10:00 our time.  I am in the bed with my PJs on and will probably be asleep very soon.

I have received so many emails and texts today.  I cannot tell you how much they all meant to me.  Thank you.

I start my treatments tomorrow at 7 am.  I was told the day can be overwhelming with all the treatments, but I am ready. I have been getting ready for tomorrow for four years now.

I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment