#fancer

#fancer

Friday, September 16, 2016

Tijuana - Day 4

Sept. 15, 2016
70 F
Mexican Independence Day - had some activity in the street around 9:00 for 30 minutes: police up and down, people, laughing, fireworks, etc.  Was about to sit on balcony and watch after a treatment and it was over.  

First day without Jason.  My head is a little foggy and it has been hard for me to remember where all the therapy rooms are located.  When you finally get your schedule set up, then you find out they changed an appointment and you have to rearrange. Which is hard because my short-term memory is still bad and my head gets confused.  BUT, I figured it out.  By myself.  I am getting there.

Today was the same treatments as yesterday.  I do alternate between B-12 and Vitamin C daily.  Sauna and Hyperthermia are alternated also.

I did the Hyperthermia for the first time today.  It is affectionately called the pizza oven by the patients.  You get in this tubular tunnel looking contraption with your underwear.  I was warned to make sure I had a wet towel with me.  This treatment your body tissue is exposed to high temperatures (up to 104) to damage and kill cancer cells.  45 minutes.  It was hot!  I had a hard time in the sauna and that heat.  This was worse.  My temp at the end was 100.7. But I felt so much hotter.

We did thermography also.  The ones I have done were much different.  This one had a wand and the technician would touch different parts on my face  and chest with it checking the temperature.  Did about 60.  Then turned the air up, left for ten minutes, and came back and did it again.  I think I find out the results today.

I think breakfast will be eggs every day.  Has been so far.

Lunch today was Mahi Mahi in orange sauce, orange soup, and small veggies (2 servings).

I was given my first supplement today.  Vitamin C.  Taking 1 before every meal.


Dinner was yummy.  I asked what it was, but couldn't understand his accent.  Took some pictures.


That is not a potato.  Don't know what it was, but it was good.

And COOKIES!  Pretty sure they were made with almonds.  What a treat! I ate one helping, had to go to a treatment, so took another serving of both soup and dinner plate to my room to eat afterwards.  Should have asked for more cookies, but was being good.

Some interesting things here in Tijuana.  You cannot flush toilet paper or other paper products down the toilet.  NONE.  That includes all TP.  Yes, including the TP you use to wipe your BM.  Pretty gross. Pandora is not available here.  CANNOT use tap water to put in your mouth.  Have to have filtered water to brush your teeth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment